Monday, November 15, 2010

Homeowner: it's official!

So I've taken the plunge and signed on the dotted line, and now I owe the bank hundreds of thousands of dollars...yikes!

What is it about owning your own home that is so attractive to so many Australians? It's more than just having the freedom to hang pictures wherever you like. Although that is something I am definitely looking forward to!

Here are some pictures from the realestate.com.au listing:

Above: front entrance


Above: kitchen - not much storage!

Above and below : living room


Above: bathroom
Above: floorplan


It's one of 10 identical units - 2 bedrooms and a garage, with a decent sized courtyard. I'm told it was built in 1978, and it seems like virtually everything is original.

My plan of attack for the moment is to:
  • rip out the carpet - it is in really bad shape, and it's not a pretty sight!
  • get the floorboards stained and polished - they're only pine but I figure I can always put floating floorboards over them if they don't wear well in the future.
  • paint EVERYTHING white - walls, ceilings, door frames, skirtings, window frames and of course that awful 70's orange pine panelling.
That should keep me busy for a while...

x J x

No comments:

Post a Comment