Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pioneer Woman Photography Assignment

Do you read The Pioneer Woman? If you're into photography then her photography section is an absolute must. She also occasionally has photography assignments which showcase some amazing photos submitted by her readers from all over the world. Today I submitted one of my own photos! She only picks her favourites to feature on her blog, but you can see all the submissions on Flickr.

The current assignment is flowers, and I had taken quite a few photos a few months ago in my parents garden. I chose a few and played around in photoshop, and uploaded them to Flickr. You can only upload one photo per day to the Pioneer Woman photography assignment group, so I chose this one:


I'll keep submitting my other photos as long as the assignment is open, but go on over to my Flickr stream and have a look.

In house related news, my mom and I spent the whole weekend painting, and I did some more today, which means the list looks like this (changes in red):

LIVING ROOM

  • ceiling
  • walls - 2 coats
  • skirtings, window frames, door frames (needs a few more coats), sliding door (needs a few more coats) - painting from the dark wood means a coat of primer plus three - five coats of semi-gloss on top of that. With a brush. Being very careful to not paint the walls with semi-gloss = many many hours!
  • pine-panelled wall


KITCHEN & LAUNDRY
  • ceiling - kitchen ceiling painted; laundry ceiling is not painted as the existing paint started peeling off when we tried to paint it! Not sure what do do about it yet.
  • walls
  • cupboards - they need one more coat but I just can't face the enamel paint right now!
  • skirtings
  • door frames
  • window frames
  • doors
  • laundry - as above except I need to get 2 layers of wallpaper of the walls before starting anything!
  • back of laundry door


FIRST BEDROOM
  • ceiling
  • walls
  • cupboards doors (need one more coat of semi-gloss) and frames
  • skirtings
  • door frames
  • window frames
  • doors (need one more coat of semi-gloss) 


SECOND BEDROOM
  • ceiling
  • walls
  • cupboards doors and frames - frames primed
  • skirtings - primed and one coat of semi-gloss, need at least one more coat
  • door frames - primed and one coat of semi-gloss, need at least one more coat
  • window frames - primed and one coat of semi-gloss, need at least one more coat
  • doors 


BATHROOM
  • walls 
  • ceiling
  • door (needs one more coat of semi-gloss)
  • door frame (needs one more coat of semi-gloss)
  • window frame 
  • shelves 

TOILET
  • walls 
  • ceiling
  • skirtings (needs one more coat of semi-gloss)
  • door frame (needs one more coat of semi-gloss)
  • window frame
  • door (needs one more coat of semi-gloss)


HALLWAY
  • skirtings
  • ceilings
  • walls (after removing wallpaper)
  • back of front door (primed)

I also bought a vacuum cleaner on Friday from Godfreys - now I have no excuses not to have a clean house!

No comments:

Post a Comment