Well it's been a while - house progress is coming along slowly. My brother has been helping me put up a flat-pack wardrobe in the second bedroom to give me some much needed storage, and we also put up a shelf and a magnetic knife-rack in the kitchen.
Yesterday I spent some time in the garden (much to my surprise!) - did a little bit of weeding, pulled out a very old, very woody geranium, and pruned a rose bush. There were so many blooms that I ended up cutting a bunch to brighten up my new kitchen shelf!
Then I spent a while playing with my camera, forcing myself to take it off the auto setting and trying out the Aperture Priority setting. I wish I'd spent a bit more time taking more pictures because my favourite in terms of composition didn't have sharp focus on the rose - damn! (The image on the left)
Here are the results, with a bit of help from The Pioneer Woman's Photoshop Actions and Shakespeare: