Here's my take on the Sixties Suburban bedroom:
- It goes without saying - the walk-in wardrobe! I just had to include the really blah picture at the end - it doesn't do it justice.
- Love the pop of green and the strong statement made by the mirror and the dresser
- The lamps - I don't think I'd have them in my own bedroom, but these are definitely my favourites so far, and I think they really go well with the rest of the room
- The slipper chair with the side table - the perfect spot for a book and coffee
- The plain drum pendant light (you can't really see it in the photos) - simple, classic, perfect!
WHAT I WOULD CHANGE:
- Don't like the scatter cushions on the bed - I'd definitely swap them for three bigger cushions in different (but coordinating) prints
- Again, I think the windows need some breezy curtains hung "high and wide" (to quote John and Sherry from YoungHouseLove)
- The room needs layers and texture - it's hard to see what the flooring actually is based on the photos (it looks like a different colour/texture in every photo!) but maybe a layered rug under the bed? With some pattern or texture, like sisal or jute.
- A mix of furniture styles - I'm not a fan of the matching bedroom set, I definitely like the 'collected over time' look.
- Overall the room is quite masculine, and obviously I prefer something a bit more feminine ;-) The addition of curtains, more pattern and texture and layering would definitely lessen the masculinity of the room. Oh, and of course, fill that wardrobe up!
Tomorrow - the Half-Done House.