Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Crickets...

So it's been a while! I haven't been feeling very motivated to get much done in the last few months, hence the lack of posting.

I have made some painting progress (with the help of my mom), and been tending my front garden (which is completely infested with onion weed, it's driving me crazy!).

I was in Target the other day and saw some great homewares, I took some iPhone photos which didn't turn out great, but here they are anyway (somewhat enhanced by the Pioneer Woman's Photoshop Actions).


Below: a great neutral doona cover - although it wouldn't last long around my cat!


Below: bold yet whimsical print on these cushions, I think they were $25.


Below: love me a bird print!


Below: I really love this print - it would go really well in my living room (well, the decorated, neat and tidy living room in my head anyway) - might keep a look out to see if these go on sale.


Below: fun serving ware, the platters and jugs are made from metal and the design is punched out of the metal. Great for an outdoor party!


Below: love love love this round mirror, I think it was $89. Those are my legs - couldn't figure out how to get the picture without me in it! I'll definitely keep a look out for this one on sale.


Below: another gorgeous mirror, although I think the 'shabby chic' frame is no longer my style. I'd spray paint it a bright bold colour like yellow or turquoise  - love mixing traditional shapes with contemporary colours.


Below:  Apothecary jar with an ill-fitting lid (I really couldn't get the lid to sit straight, so if you buy one make sure it fits!) These were $35. I love the look of apothecary jars also this is probably a little too tall and skinny...and right now I can't quite think what I would use it for (my new motto is functional AND stylish!)


Below: love the shape of the base of this lamp, I would pair it with a straight drum shade and if I felt especially daring, I'd spray paint the base a bold colour. Unfortunately this style comes with the shade that is pictures, although Target does have a range of separate lamp bases and shades to mix and match (although hardly any straight drum shades).


That's all I could manage to photograph - felt super self-conscious about it (and kept waiting for someone to reprimand me - I used to work in retail and customers were definitely not allowed to photograph the merchandise).

Hopefully there's some nice weather on the weekend and I can take some in-progress photos - I think I have come a long way since the previous progress photos although I've still got lots to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment