Friday, September 23, 2011

The Renovators: Fibro Cottage bedroom

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm loving Channel 10's new show The Renovators. In a recent episode, each team had to  reveal a completed bedroom to the judges. This is my take on what I loved and what I'd change for each of the rooms.

Second, the Fibro Cottage. If I had to pick, I'd say these boys are my favourite contestants. Bearing in mind they recently won a $20,000 furniture package from Freedom which they weren't able to use yet, they did this room on a very small budget as they will probably re-do it later.






LIKES
  • the wall colour with the crisp white trim
  • great sized room!
  • love the white mirror on the wall
  • DIY bed head and reupholstered chairs
WHAT I WOULD CHANGE
  • The rooms is crying out for some colour - a couple of cushions on the bed, a throw on the chair and some artwork
  • I'd put a small table between the chairs, and maybe a rug (patterned for sure!) in front of the chairs to 'zone' the room.
  • A much bigger wardrobe - that little one will not do!
  • Maybe some light curtains to soften the room? And somehow balance out that off-centre window behind the chairs...
  • Again, not loving the lamps (methinks I'm a tad picky about lamps?!)
  • As with the Weatherboard House, the room needs layering - a range of different accessories and soft furnishings, some texture etc.

Can't wait to see this room when they get their Freedom furniture package, because judging by their white room efforts, these guys have great style.

Come back tomorrow for the Sixties Suburban!

If you missed out on my take of the Weatherboard House's bedroom, read about it here.

J


No comments:

Post a Comment