Friday, November 18, 2011

Getting back on the wagon

In an effort to post more regularly, here are some of my photos from two trips to Byron Bay this year. Some were taken with my DSLR (June trip) and others with the Instagram App on my iPhone (September trip).

Inspired by the gorgeous photos taken by Sarah at A Beach Cottage, I was determined to capture the sparkles on the water. I think I did a pretty good job (although it was virtually impossible to get wrong - beautiful scenery and a gorgeous sunny day!).
















Those suspicious looking brown things are sticky date and ginger cookies from the Byron Bay Cookie Company, and they were delicious!



Loving my new hat and the cruiser bikes we hired (and yes, I did wear a helmet, but exchanged it for the hat to pose for the photo!)


If you're ever in Byron Bay, I'd recommend a trip to the Cape Byron Lighthouse (Cape Byron is the eastermonst point of Australia). The view is gorgeous and you are virtually guaranteed to see dolphins enjoying the waves. They were a long way down - I took this photo with my 300mm lens and they are still tiny! Binoculars would have been useful...




2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqui. I love the sparkels on the water. My husband and I headed up to Coffs a little while back though ran out of time to make it as far as Byron. I'm sure we'll get there one day though. Everyone I know who goes there always says that it's my kinda place.
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete