Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Getting organised

A few weeks ago I was wandering around one of those $2 shops - you know the kind that stocks just about anything, and hardly anything is actually $2?

I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but realised it had the perfect 'equipment' to help me get organised in the kitchen. So I spent about $50 on various containers and baskets to get my pantry under control.

To get warmed up, I started with my second kitchen drawer - you know the one that has all the random utensils: scissors, measuring cups and measuring spoons, spatulas, can opener etc. It took about 5 minutes to organise and every time I open that drawer I feel happy.

Before:


Yes - nothing to be proud of - but you know what they say: the worse the before picture, the better the after picture is! Ok I just made that up, but it's true, don't you think? And please keep your jealousy of my stunning yellow linoleum kitchen floor to yourself - I know it's super stylish, it's the highlight of my kitchen - really! :P

Now for the after...drum roll please! The two blue plastic containers cost less that $1 each, and were perfect for the job:





I've done the pantry too, but only remember to take after photos at night - I'll aim to get some on Saturday when I'm home during daylight hours!

Hopefully this is step one in a big journey of decluttering, sorting, organising and generally turning my home into the kind of place that makes me feel calm, cool and collected rather than tripping over stuff on the floor, searching all over because I can't find things, and generally feeling like it's all too messy to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment